Health Guarantee – 10 Year Warranty
Important First Steps
Change of environment, surroundings, separation from siblings and a new family can be stressful to your puppy and can have a serious impact on your puppy’s immediate health, especially during the first few days to the first couple weeks. If you notice any signs of stress: such as a change in attitude, appetite, bowel movements, lack of bowel movement or any other symptoms please contact us immediately for advice, DAY or NIGHT at 704-761-6389 or your veterinarian.
One of the most important factors to consider for a new puppy parent is: Is my puppy eating enough? Also, give plenty of downtime and rest for your new puppy. In any case if you have any concerns please call us at 704-761-6389, we are here to help and answer all your questions.
Veterinarian care is extremely important for the health of your new puppy. You need to take your puppy to be examined by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of taking possession and continue with ongoing routine care throughout his/her lifetime.
Initial Health Guarantee
Charlotte Dog Club LLC guarantees to the original purchaser that your puppy is healthy at the time of adoption and free from the following infectious diseases: Parvo Virus, Distemper, Hepatitis, Corona Virus for a period of 10 days from the date of taking possession. Should your veterinarian diagnosis any of the above diseases within the 10 day period after taking possession you must notify us immediately at 704-761-6389. At your option we will replace or refund puppy.
10 Year Congenital Warranty
The 10 year congenital warranty requires that you have had your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within the first 10 days of taking possession and have kept your puppy under regular veterinarian care. If the above conditions are met, Charlotte Dog Club LLC warrants to the original purchaser the following: If within the first 3 year period your puppy is diagnosed with a life threatening congenital disorder, we will offer a replacement puppy of equivalent or lesser value at no cost to you. If within the remaining 7 years, your puppy is diagnosed with a life threatening congenital disorder, we will offer you a replacement puppy of equivalent or lesser value at a 50% discount.
We offer the following prescription reimbursement if diagnosed within 10 days of taking possession.
- Cough/respiratory – Will reimburse for 1 round of antibiotics (azithromycin or doxycycline) or 1 injection of Convenia. (We don’t recommend Clavamox as it often has disappointing results)
- Pre-existing Parasitism — Will reimburse for 1 round of dewormer or up to 10 days of Albon.
GIARDIA: If the puppy tested positive for Giardia when the club did the fecal exam below are the guidelines for reimbursment.
Follow-up Fecal/Reimbursment: ONLY DO A FOLLOW-UP GIARDIA TEST IF YOUR DOG HAS CLINICAL SIGNS/DIARRHEA. No follow up fecal is necessary if your puppy has a normal stool and it will not be reimbursed by the Charlotte Dog Club.
If your puppy is showing clinical signs we will reimburse for one follow up fecal and medication.
Antigen test: Should not be done any earlier then 30 days after the last day of medication in order to get true results from the test and to be eligible for reimbursement. Fecal smear: Wait 7 days from the last day of treatment to have a smear performed.
WE DO NOT COVER:
- Non-life threatening conditions such as inguinal and umbilical hernias, retained testicles, cherry eyes. These conditions are common and should be addressed when the puppy is spayed or neutered as there is no need to put your young puppy under anesthesia.
- X-rays related to a cough except if it is needed because of a persistent irritation. Please contact us for prior approval before proceeding.
- Grade 1 or 2 luxating patellas are not covered as they usually will not pose a threat. Other grades of luxating patellas or congenital hip disease are not covered unless they are identified within the first 30 days.
- Parasites such as giardia, coccidia or other common types of parasite except as outlined above and diagnosed within the specific timeframes.
- Respiratory infections except as outlined above and diagnosed within the specific timeframes.
- Low blood sugar (hypo-glycemia). This is preventable and it is your responsibility to make sure your puppy is eating enough.
- Diagnostics related to grade 1 or 2 heart murmurs. These can be transient and do not pose a threat to your puppy. These are also not grounds for return/refund of your puppy.
- Any infectious diseases contracted after date of sale.
- Malocclusions- As your puppy grows and develops the teeth are ever changing and it can be difficult to predict their final placement. Due to this we do not cover any costs associated with any dental or bite abnormalities or vet bills associated with your puppy’s teeth.
- Initial fecal exam.
- Any other diagnostic tests without prior approval.
- Any claims or vet bills other than medication reimbursements as described above.
- Acceptance of goods: Buyer understands that there are not any guarantees of hypoallergenic qualities, breeding qualities, show qualities or in final size or disposition of any pet whether expressed or implied. Seller has made no representations as to fitness of purpose and provides no warranty towards the pets fitness for any other purpose. Buyer agrees that upon delivery of puppy to them or local pick up of puppy by them, that they have carefully examined puppy and accepts puppy as is with regard to physical appearance and breed conformation. Buyer understands and agrees that under no circumstances will any claim be made by buyer with regards to the any DNA test results or opinion disputing breed. These tests are for informational purposes and not intended to determine or validate whether a particular dog is purebred or the make-up of a particular dog and Buyer agrees to hold seller harmless from any such claims.
- In the case of sudden death: A necropsy will be required file a warranty claim to determine cause of death. If you don’t want to get a necropsy of your puppy, Charlotte Dog Club will offer you a 50% discount of the purchase of a new puppy of equal or lesser value.
We do not cover any warrantee claim from the Animal Clinic Chain Banfield (Petsmart) and Thrive Affordable Vet Care (Petco). We have made this decision because our clients have had disappointing experiences with them in the past and we want all of our puppies to have a positive vet experience.
The Charlotte dog club believes all dogs should be in a home, therefore if you are unable to keep your dog or find your dog another home you are to contact us to relinquish your dog into the homes for life program. We do not allow our dogs to be relinquished into any shelters or rescue groups.
We do not offer cash refunds other than the initial 10 day health guarantee as noted above. Charlotte Dog Club LLC reserves the right to update and/or modify this warranty at any time with or without notice.
To file a warranty claim please email to email@example.com.