Health Guarantee – 10 Year Warranty
Important First Steps
Change of environment, surroundings, separation from siblings, and a new family can be stressful to your puppy and can have a serious impact on your puppy’s immediate health. This is especially true during the first 10 days in their new environment. If you notice any signs of stress such as a change in attitude, appetite, bowel movements, lack of bowel movement, or any other symptoms, please contact us on our puppy care line: 704-781-7639 or your veterinarian.
One of the most important factors to consider for a new puppy parent is, is my puppy eating enough? Also, give plenty of downtime and rest for your new puppy. In any case, if you have any concerns, please call us at 704-781-7639. We are here to help and answer all your questions.
Initial Health Guarantee
Charlotte Dog Club LLC guarantees to the original purchaser that your puppy is healthy at the time of adoption and free from the following infectious diseases: Parvo Virus, Distemper, Hepatitis, Corona Virus for a period of 10 days from the date of taking possession. Should your veterinarian diagnosis any of the above diseases within the 10 day period after taking possession you must notify us immediately at 704-781-7639. At your option we will replace or refund puppy.
10 Year Congenital Warranty
The 10 year congenital warranty requires that you have had your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within the first 10 days of taking possession and have kept your puppy under regular veterinarian care. If the above conditions are met, Charlotte Dog Club LLC warrants to the original purchaser ( the warranty is not transferable) the following: If within the first 3 year period your puppy is diagnosed with a life threatening congenital disorder, we will offer a replacement puppy of equivalent or lesser value at no cost to you. If within the remaining 7 years, your puppy is diagnosed with a life threatening congenital disorder, we will offer you a replacement puppy of equivalent or lesser value at a 50% discount.
WE DO NOT COVER:
- Non-life threatening conditions (examples: inguinal and umbilical hernias, retained testicles, recessed vulva, and cherry eyes.)
- X-rays without prior approval.
- Grade 1 or 2 luxating patellas
- Parasites such as giardia, coccidia, or other common types of parasite, except as outlined above and diagnosed within the specific timeframes.
- Respiratory infections
- Low blood sugar (hypo-glycemia). This is preventable and it is your responsibility to make sure your puppy is eating enough.
- Diagnostics related to grade 1 or 2 heart murmurs.
- Any infectious diseases contracted after date of sale.
- Malocclusions-(crooked teeth placement) As your puppy grows and develops, the teeth are forever changing and it can be difficult to predict their final placement. Due to this, we do not cover any costs associated with any dental or bite abnormalities or vet bills associated with your puppy’s teeth.
- Any diagnostic tests without prior approval.
- Any claims or vet bills other than medication reimbursements as described above.
- Acceptance of goods: Buyer understands that there are not any guarantees of hypoallergenic qualities, breeding qualities, show qualities or in final size or disposition of any pet whether expressed or implied. Buyer agrees that upon delivery of puppy to them or local pick-up of puppy by them, that they have carefully examined puppy and accepts puppy as is with regard to physical appearance and breed conformation. Buyer understands and agrees that under no circumstances will any claim be made by buyer with regards to any DNA test results or opinion disputing breed. These tests are for informational purposes and not intended to determine or validate whether a particular dog is purebred or the make-up of a particular dog and buyer agrees to hold seller harmless from any such claims.
- In the case of sudden death: A necropsy will be required to file a warranty claim to determine cause of death.
We do not cover any warranty claim from the Animal Clinic Chain Banfield (Petsmart) and Thrive Affordable Vet Care (Petco). We have made this decision because our clients have had disappointing experiences with them in the past and we want all of our puppies to have a positive vet experience.
The Charlotte Dog Club believes all dogs should be in a home, therefore if you are unable to keep your dog or find your dog another home you are to contact us to relinquish your dog into the Homes-for-Life program. We do not allow our dogs to be relinquished into any shelters or rescue groups.
We do not offer cash refunds other than the initial 10 year health guarantee as noted above. If you believe you are eligible for a warranty claim, please contact the Club within 72 hours. All claims need to be submitted with licensed Veterinarian documentation. Charlotte Dog Club LLC reserves the right to update and/or modify this warranty at any time with or without notice.
To file a warranty claim please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.